im rediscovering my pure love of music. and im in a writing mood. check it:
chelsea's 10 saddest songs, of the moment.
( not ever, because it will change very day.)
1. hallelujah. any version will do, but the jeff buckley version is far and away the best. hands down. i can't even debate you on this, because of how much better his version is.
love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah
2. slow dancing in a burning room. john mayer. the relationship is sinking fast and you both know it and you want to save it, even though there is nothing left to save.
this is the deep and dying breath
of the love we've been working on.
we're going down, you can see it too.
we're going down, you know that we're doomed.
my dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room.
don't ya think we should've known by now?
don't you think we should've learned somehow?
3. the scientist- coldplay. this one is self explanatory kids.
i had to find you, tell you i need you
tell you i set you apart
nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard.
oh, take me back to the start.
4. regina spektor- ode to divorce. seeing someone move on, while you are standing still.
you’re talking to her now
and you’ve eaten something minty
and you’re making that face that I like
and you’re going in, in for the kill, kill
for the killer kiss, kiss for the kiss, kiss.
5. hanging by a thread- jann arden. i've seen this song at pretty much every dance competition ever and it still hits as hard as it did the first time.
the salt inside my body ruins everyone i come close to
my hands are barely holding up my head
i am so tired of looking at my feet
all the secrets that i keep
my heart is barely hangin' by a thread
6. drowning- missy higgins. finding the light at the end of the tunnel.
when the one you leave is the one thing you believe
you say goodbye when underneath’s your one belief
that love rules all, it conquers all.
7. your hand in mine- explosions in the sky. it's instrumental. it still amazing.
8. 18th floor balcony- blue october. i am obsessed with this song, and i think it's pretty much the ultimate love song.
i raised my hand, as if to show you that i was yours
that i'm so yours for the taking.
9. everlong- foo fighters. this is an old song, but a recent discovery. you know they're wrong, but you don't care.
all i ask of you-
is not to stop when i say when.
10. ever the same- rob thomas. the acoustic version from itunes becuase its 10 times more gorgeous than the regular version.
just let me hold you while you're falling apart
just let me hold you so we both fall down
fall on me
tell me everything you want me to be
forever with you forever in me
ever the same